I wanted a simple, basic Mac OSX setup for PHP dev. With as little as possible manual work.
My current work as you from a previous post is:
- Symfony 5
- VueJS front end
Mac OSX 10.15.5 comes with php 7.3.11 out of the box. That was high enough for my initial dev.
So here were my steps:
- Install composer getcomposer.org (command line)
- install node (npm), used the pkg from their website
- added yarn (command line)
- Installed Docker (from website)
- installed symfony (command line)
Done, I was now up and running. My previous mac had homebrew setup, with higher PHP version, so copying my projects over didn’t work immediately, I had to delete vendor folder and composer.lock and run composer install